Save up to 25% on affordable home insurance in Mississauga when you shop with Surex
It’s hard to describe a city as diverse and unique as Mississauga in a single word. The city is chock-full of things to explore and things to do. There are plenty of shopping opportunities, quality restaurants and Pearson International Airport, which is the largest airport in Canada. If you’re thinking about moving to this fine city, you need to remember to factor in the importance of having high-quality home insurance in Mississauga.
If you want to get insurance online from the top home insurance providers in Mississauga, you can reach out to a Surex insurance broker. Our advisors can provide you with several personalized online insurance quotes from the top Canadian home insurance companies in ten minutes or less! Call or click today to learn how you can save up to 25% on coverage when you shop with Surex.
This provides coverage for loss and damage to your property and/or any assets.
This would provide protection against a lawsuit resulting from damaged property or personal injuries
A predetermined amount of money that you must pay towards the cost of the claim. Home insurance has different deductibles for different coverage.
These are optional coverages you can buy that protect you for water damage such as sewer back up and fresh water flooding.
This allows for the protection of your “claims free discount” in the event of your first claim.
Referring to 'special limits' on items like jewellery or art if the value is greater than the special limit you should list the item separately.
When you purchase comprehensive home coverage, it means you are covered for anything that is not excluded.
When you purchase broad home coverage, it limits your contents coverage to only specific coverages, (ie. theft, fire, water damage, etc.)
Home Insurance in Mississauga - What You Need to Know
Homeowners can expect a significant amount of protection with even basic home insurance in Mississauga. Here are some of the coverages that homeowners will enjoy:
- Damages caused by weather (including strong winds, severe rain, thunderstorms, hail, earthquakes, and hurricanes)
- Vandalism, theft, and break-and-enters
- Damages caused by explosions
- Damages caused by airplane or vehicle impact
- Damages caused by fire and smoke
- Damages caused by burst pipes
- Damages caused to the structures on your land (e.g. garages, sheds)
- Liability coverage against a person getting injured in your house or on your land
- Liability coverage against damages you inadvertently cause to another person’s property
- Costs associated with temporary housing (i.e. hotel, rental apartment) while your insured property is repaired or replaced
Homeowners can face steep premiums for home insurance in Mississauga. The good news is there are many ways they can lower their costs. Here are some common ways to find a lower rate:
- Bundle your policies: If you have multiple insurance policies (i.e. auto and home), one of the easiest ways to lower your premium is by bundling them with the same provider. Bundling not only helps stream your finances, it can save you up to 15% on auto insurance and up to 10% on home insurance.
- Shop around: Never accept the first rate you’re offered. By comparing options on Surex.com, you can view offers from up to ten leading insurers in just minutes. After finding a low rate, speak with a Dedicated Insurance Assistant about what premium discounts you qualify for.
- Think safety: By installing safety features like fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, deadbolt locks, and a home security system, you may qualify for a discount to your home insurance premium.
- Deductible: By raising the amount you have to pay if you file a claim — i.e. your deductible — you can lower your home insurance premium. But make sure you’re in a position to afford the larger payout should you ever need to make a claim.
At Surex.com, we help you compare offers from up to ten of Canada’s top home insurance companies. Once you find a free home insurance quote that you’re happy with, we connect you with a Dedicated Insurance Assistant who will answer any questions you may have, collect additional property details, walk you through coverage and payment options, explains the claims process, help you find applicable discounts, and ensure you secure a policy that fits your property needs and budget considerations.
- Kariya Park
- Lake Aquitaine
- Erindale Park
- Square One Shopping Centre
- Erin Mills Town Centre
- Dixie Outlet Mall
- Marilyn Monroe buildings
- Celebration Square & City Hall
- Port Credit Lighthouse
Do you have questions about home insurance in Mississauga?
Technically homeowners aren’t required to have home insurance in Mississauga. However, if they still owe money on their mortgage, it’s very likely that their lender requires them to protect their home and its contents. Therefore, home insurance is usually a requirement, and even when it’s not, we strongly encourage all Mississauga homeowners to purchase an affordable home insurance policy for their biggest investment. Although finding the best insurance coverage is never easy, it becomes easier when you compare insurance companies with the best insurance broker in Mississauga.
In Ontario, if you don’t hold a mortgage, there’s no requirement to hold a home insurance policy. However, when you consider the value of your home and your belongings, plus the peace of mind of liability protection, purchasing home insurance starts to make a lot of sense. At Surex, we strongly encourage all homeowners to invest in an insurance policy with one of the top Canadian home insurance companies.
Most home insurance providers will give policyholders the option to pay their premium all at once (annually) or in twelve installments (monthly). If you pay once annually, there’s a chance you’ll save money by avoiding the service fees that most providers charge for processing monthly payments.
Because many of the factors that influence home insurance vary from person to person (and property to property), it’s hard to pinpoint a good price for affordable home insurance in Mississauga. However, most Ontario homeowners can expect to pay somewhere between $800 and $1,200 for an annual policy.
The insurance company that offers you the best rate may not offer your neighbour the best rate. This is because so many of the determining factors differ for each homeowner (and for each home). Some of the top rated home insurance companies in Ontario include Aviva, Economical, Gore Mutual Intact, Pembridge, SGI Canada, Wawanesa, and Travelers.