In 2001, SGI CANADA Insurance Services Ltd. purchased 100% of the shares of Coachman Insurance Company, which was incorporated in Ontario on June 12, 1979. Since 1979 Coachman Insurance Company has been an industry leader in non-standard auto insurance.
When other insurance companies say 'No' because they deem the risk too great, Coachman helps drivers with unfortunate driving histories stay protected while they get their personal auto insurance record back on track.
Products are sold through a network of independent insurance brokers.
- Headquartered in: Toronto, ON
- Website URL: www.coachmaninsurance.ca
- A- (Excellent) rating for financial strength from A.M. Best rating
- Key person: Randy MacFarlane, COO, Coachman Insurance
Types of Coverages:
- Personal Auto (Non-Standard)
- Commercial Auto
Benefits with Coachman:
- Covers high-risk drivers that have difficulty finding insurance options
- Ontario-based management and business development teams
- Specialized local underwriting teams
- Deductible options
- Transition opportunity from non-standard auto to standard auto through SGI CANADA
- Accident forgiveness endorsement
How to Submit a Claim with Coachman:
You can work directly with your broker to submit a claim or contact our claims office:
416-255-3417 (in Toronto)
1-800-361-2622 (toll free)
Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST
After hours service: 1-800-361-2622 (toll free)
Coachman is committed to providing superior products and service. If you have any concerns, please contact your Coachman Broker here