Finding you home insurance quotes in Alberta.
In Alberta, Surex has partnered with the top home insurance providers, not only in Alberta but all of Canada.
We understand your time is valuable. Why waste time going from one bricks & mortar insurer to another, when you can receive up to 10 home insurance offers, in as little as 5 minutes! Being an online insurance marketplace, you’re able to get these offers at any time of your choosing. If you’re on the couch watching TV at night, go onto your desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone to start and complete your instant quote.
We’re happy for you to choose to place your business with any one of our insurance carrier partners. We know the #1 reason people switch their home insurance provider is price, which is why our transparent pricing model sorts our carriers in order from cheapest to most expensive for you.
Take 5 minutes and see for yourself!
Home Insurance In Alberta - What Do You Need to Know?
You will need the following information to ensure quote accuracy:
- Square footage of your home
- Year your home was built
- Details on any upgrades or modifications
- Your exact address
- Your personal home insurance claims history
Ever wonder how home insurance rates are determined?! If yes, here are three things to know:
- Home insurance history is tied to you, not the home you’re living in or looking to live in. Insurers are interested in your past 10 years of home insurance claims history, if applicable. If you’re interested in moving into a home that had a home insurance claim on it two years ago, that doesn’t matter. They care about the claims history of the homeowner, not the home itself.
- The value of your home matters. In the unfortunate event that your home suffers major damage or is destroyed, the insurance carrier will set a limit on your home’s replacement cost.
- Home insurers track data on the amount of home insurance claims in your area, which can mean city and/or province. If you live in an area that is susceptible to overland flood damage, your insurance company will be aware of this. This is why, all things equal, a home will cost more to insure in one area as opposed to another.
Not all insurance carriers offer the same discounts as their competitors. Using Surex’s home insurance marketplace, we’re able to get you more discounts, which helps us get you cheap home insurance rates in Alberta.
The discounts that we have available to you include:
- Bundle discount
- Good credit discount
- Mortgage-free discount
- Alarm/home security discount
- Loyalty discount
- Renewal discount
- Claims-free discount
- Age discount
- Sewer back-up discount
- New business discount
- Flex discount
- Smoke-free home discount
- Occupational discount
- Household discount
- Multi-lines discount
- Gated community discount
Depending on where you live in Alberta, certain coverage might be required by insurers for homes in your area. These coverage, such as overland flood coverage if you live in an area susceptible to flooding, are non-negotiable for your home insurance policy.
If a coverage isn’t mandated, but you’re interested in adding it to your home insurance policy, your Surex Personal Assistant will be able to provide answers to any questions you have, to help you make an informed decision.
- Two Guys & A Pizza Place Ltd., Lethbridge
- Gaga Pizza, Calgary
- LOVEPIZZA Canterra, Edmonton
- Calgary Stampede
- Drumheller and the Royal Tyrrell Museum of Paleontology
- West Edmonton Mall
- Waterton National Park
- Kananaskis Country
- Writing on Stone Provincial Park
Have questions? We’ve got answers
Home insurance is not required, by law, in Alberta. However, it is highly recommended that you have it. For instance, if your home were to burn down, you’d be held 100% responsible for replacing it and the valuables inside (if you choose to do so), the damage done to other homes or structures, as well as the potential damages caused to people. Not having homeowners insurance is a great way to go bankrupt and/or get sued in the unfortunate event of a tragic situation.
House insurance in Alberta varies, depending on the coverage you’re required or choose to have, as well as the area you live in and past house insurance history.
The best way to lower your house insurance premiums is to always pay your bills, even outside of house insurance, to ensure you have a high credit score. A credit score of 650+ can save you up to 20% off your annual house insurance premiums.
Surex has partnered with the most renowned homeowners insurance providers in Alberta. We get you cheap home insurance quotes from:
Just like the price of gas, the cost to heat your home, the cost to purchase a vehicle, etc. inflation is real and impacts the home insurance industry, just like every other industry in Alberta.
Aside from that, insurers are also still trying to recoup outbound money used to cover all the natural disasters in Alberta over the past five or six years.
If you have a good history of paying your home insurance bills, insurers will offer the option to choose whether you pay your home insurance premiums monthly or annually.
If you have a history of having your insurance cancelled, due to non-payments, then the monthly option might not be available to you and home insurer will require you to pay for your year’s worth of premiums upfront.
There isn’t necessarily a set average cost that would be an accurate price point to expect relating to home insurance rates. With so many factors contributing the cost of a home insurance policy, including value of the home, area of the home and your prior home insurance history, it would be misleading to say the average home insurance cost in Alberta is $1000 annually, for instance, because it could be a lot lower or higher for you, based on the previously mentioned variables.