Save up to 25% on car insurance in Markham by teaming up with Surex
The city of Markham is a wonderful place to visit and live. Markham is home to a handful of shopping centres, along with a number of unique restaurants to try and regular events to experience. However, Markham is a big city, so in order to get around you’ll need to purchase a vehicle and car insurance. Finding affordable car insurance in Markham can be quite a challenge if you don’t know where to start.
That’s where your personal Surex insurance advisor comes in. At Surex, we work hard to provide drivers in Markham with a collection of competitive quotes from the best providers in the province. Best of all, we make finding quotes easier by offering our services online! Call or click today to start saving up to 25% on car insurance today.
This coverage relates to the replacement/fix cost of the other vehicle or property if you’re involved in an at-fault accident.
This coverage protects your vehicle from damage that doesn’t happen in an accident. Theft coverage is also here.
If you’re involved in an at-fault accident, his coverage covers the replacement/fix cost for your vehicle.
If you have a great driving record, some insurers will be willing to offer you accident forgiveness.
If you want coverage for the windows of your car, it would be found here. Windshield will include an annual fee and a small deductible amount.
You can have your car insurance coverage extend to protect you while driving a rental vehicle.
This coverage provides you the replacement value of the car that has been damaged. Depreciation is not subtracted from the value of the item.
Based on coverage, it protects you or a family member if injured or killed in an accident caused by an uninsured/underinsured motorist.
Car Insurance in Markham - What You Need to Know
At Surex, our three-step process will ensure that you end up with the best car insurance in Markham. Here’s how it works:
- Personalized insurance quotes: Surex will capture some of your basic information — either by phone or online — and then shop the market for you. In under 10 minutes, you’ll have up to 10 personalized insurance offers to choose from.
- Customize your offers: Once you receive the initial quote, you can edit your information and compare quotes to find the best overall value.
- Purchase and manage 24/7: Once you’ve selected a quote & reviewed the policy with your dedicated assistant, you can electronically sign documents to receive an instant proof of insurance. If you’d rather speak with someone we will connect you with a Dedicated Insurance Assistant to walk you through all the options and answer any questions you might have. Once finished, your documents will arrive in the mail and you can manage your policy 24/7 with our ‘My Surex’ login feature.
- Pay attention to construction: Many of Markham's streets are undergoing major overhauls, so it’s important that local (and visiting) motorists pay close attention to closed routes, narrowed streets, detours, temporary patchwork roads, construction workers, and engineering equipment. Construction is frustrating for drivers, but keeping calm is the best way to ensure that you arrive at your destination incident-free.
- Be safe on the highways: Just north of the GTA, Markham sees traffic from numerous highways, including Highway 404, Highway 407, and Highway 7. Drivers who rely on multi-lane routes should be mindful of delays, prepared for fast and slick driving conditions, and ready to share the road with other passenger vehicles and large semi-trailer trucks. If you’re using GPS to navigate your highway trip, make sure it’s programmed before operating your vehicle — you should never be playing around with a device while on the road.
- Toll highways: The 407 ETR (Express Toll Route) is a tolled east-west highway that spans the entire GTA and serves to ease congestion on Highway 401. For those Markham drivers who use the 407, it may be worth signing up for an account and getting a transponder — it will save drivers money if used six or more times per year.
- Vehicle theft: Part of the reason that auto insurance rates in Markham are so much higher than provincial averages is because of the high rates of vehicle break-ins and theft. To help ensure that your vehicle isn’t an obvious target for car thieves, here are a few tips: never leave your car running while unattended, never leave valuables in your car overnight or while parked, keep your car locked at all times, always engage the parking brake when parking, consider installing a security system, and park in a well-lit area, private garage, or secure parking lot (if possible).
- Raise your deductibles: Asking for higher deductibles is a common way for motorists to save on car insurance in Markham. But keep in mind, raising your deductibles means that in the event of a claim, you will be required to pay a higher amount before the costs to repair or replace your vehicle are covered. So before increasing your deductibles, be sure that you’re in a financial position to cover the higher initial costs.
- Clean driving record: It may seem obvious, but many drivers overlook the value of keeping a clean driving record. Accident-free driving is a clearest signal to your insurance provider that you’re a low-risk driver and are unlikely to make a costly claim. If you follow the rules of the road and avoid making claims — including minor claims — you should see your auto insurance premiums begin to drop in your mid- to late-twenties.
- Winter tires: One of the most common ways that Markham drivers save on auto insurance (while staying safe on the roads) is by installing four approved winter tires during the cold months. As a rule of thumb, once the weather regularly drops below 7 degrees Celsius, it’s time to install winter tires. When buying winter tires, look for the snowflake inside the mountain on the sidewall — this sign means the tires have been recognized as ‘winter-rated’ by the Rubber Association of Canada.
- Don’t miss payments: By never missing an auto insurance payment, you send a clear message to your insurance company that you’re a reliable customer and you represent a low risk to their business. To make sure you never miss a payment, set up automatic withdrawals, scheduled payments through your chequing account, or pay your full premium at once. However you manage your payments, be sure to never miss one!
- Milne Dam Conservation Park
- Pomona Mills Park
- Mintleaf Park
- CF Markville
- Markham Mall
- Downtown Markham
- Treetop Trekking Stouffville
- Lionels Farm
- Markham Museum
Do you have questions about car insurance in Markham?
Affording car insurance in the GTA is no easy feat, that’s why it’s critical that Markham drivers compare their options online before settling for a rate. In addition to rate comparison, there are a number of other ways that drivers can lower their rate, including raising their deductibles, paying their full annual premium at once, lowering the amount of kilometres they put on their cars, keeping an accident-free driving record, never missing payments, not paying for coverages they don’t need, installing winter tires, and asking their Dedicated Insurance Assistant if they qualify for any car insurance discounts in Markham.
All drivers in Ontario are required by the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) to have a minimum of $200,000 in Third Party Liability Coverage, which protects them against the costs associated with damages they cause to a third party resulting from an at-fault accident.
Additionally, the FSCO requires that all Ontario drivers have Statutory Accident Benefits Coverage (covers you if you’re injured in an at-fault accident), Uninsured Automobile Coverage (covers you if you’re injured or killed by an uninsured or unidentified driver), and Direct Compensation & Property Damage Coverage (covers your vehicle against damages caused by another driver).
Beyond these mandatory coverages, there are a range of additional auto insurance coverages that Ontario drivers can choose to add to their policy, which will protect them against a wide range of other perils.
The fastest, easiest, and smartest way to find car insurance in Markham is by using a site like Surex to compare your options. Markham drivers can choose between a number of insurance providers, all with different rates, discounts, and coverages. Once drivers have received a quote online, they are usually directed to speak with a broker — or Dedicated Insurance Assistant — on the phone to verify their details, provide additional information, ask questions, arrive at a final premium price, and bind their policy.
Although some car insurance companies in Markham are better known than others, there is no ‘best’ car insurance provider. Different insurance providers offer drivers different coverages, different discounts, different levels of service, different registration and claims processes, different payment options, and different rates. That’s why it’s important for Markham drivers to compare their options online before deciding on a particular insurance company. Everyone’s needs are different, and the best fit for you may not be the best fit for someone else.
Visitors to Ontario, or out-of-province students going to school in Ontario, are sometimes in need of short-term car insurance. While most insurance companies usually offer car insurance for 12-month periods, some companies do have six month policies. If you need coverage for less than six months (ie. if you’re transferring car ownership and require a temporary license plate sticker), you will be forced to cancel your policy before completion, which usually means incurring a cancellation fee (the cancellation penalties vary by provider).