Surex Scholarship Program
We are proud to have held our third annual Surex Scholarship Award! With the success of the previous years, we are happy to be offering the award for the 2021 academic school year and helping a student with their finances while they study.
This scholarship is available for Canadian students, currently enrolled in post-secondary studies, and the chosen winner will be awarded a $1,000 grant toward his or her education in Canadian dollars.
We understand that schooling is an expensive affair and we acknowledge the fact that it can be burdensome for some students and their families. The sum of costs incurred from tuition fees along with other associated expenses, such as housing, books, and school supplies, can turn into tens of thousands of dollars. To make things a little easier, we are pleased to be offering an annual $1,000 to help with such costs.
This scholarship is closed for 2021 as the winner has been selected. Our third annual winner is Cindy Chen, and you can read her full essay here:
2022 Win a $1000 Scholarship
Details to come soon!
November 1, 2022
November 19, 2022
The application guidelines are as follows:
• Your published piece of content must be received by November 1, 2022.
• Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in word format
• The applicant should state where they are currently attending or planning to attend school in the body of their submission email.
The student must be:
• A US or Canadian citizen (excluding Quebec residents), permanent resident or other legal standings that allows them to work and study in Canada or the US;
• Accepted into a U.S. or Canadian college or university; and
• Enrolled in the U.S. or Canadian undergraduate program, or entering school in an undergraduate or graduate program in the fall of 2022
• Student must provide proof of enrollment for their program
Criteria for evaluation:
Please write a 500-2000 word essay on one of the topics listed above.
Our scholarship committee will review the essays after the submission date. The winning article will express creativity, well-expressed thoughts will be clear and concisely written, and will avoid grammatical/spelling errors.
Out of the pool of applicants, we will choose our winner. All entries will be judged by our content marketing head. The winner of the scholarship will be notified via email on November 22, 2022.