Skip to main content

Alberta Business Insurance

Surex is Alberta’s commercial insurance online marketplace. We work with the top insurers in AB, to shop the market to get you the best and most affordable business insurance around.

How much business insurance do I need in Alberta?

Most businesses will have a minimum of general liability on their business. Depending on the sector your business is in, you can add coverages to ensure your business is properly insured for what you need.

Don’t delay. Let your Surex Advisor go to work for you today!

Comparing rates from Canada's leading Business Insurance Providers
Intact Insurance
Wawanesa Insurance
CNS Insurance
Jevco Insurance
What to know about business insurance:

Depending on what your business is, the coverage options you wish to add to your commercial policy will change. This is why your Surex Personal Assistant will need to know as much about your business as possible -- so they can tailor a commercial insurance policy to exactly match what you, and your business, need.

The vast majority of business insurance policies will require a degree of general liability coverage. General liability provides protection against liability claims involving property damage & bodily injury related to your services, products & property.

Errors & omissions coverage is another coverage that can be deemed mandatory on your small business insurance policy. E&O protects companies, and the people that work for them, against claims regarding the caliber of work performed or negligent actions.

If you happen to know exactly what coverages you’re looking for in your business insurance policy, that’s great! If you’re not entirely sure, your Surex Advisor will be able to help you.

Regardless of your industry, our Licensed Insurance Advisors and partner insurers have seen it before. Your Advisor will happily answer any questions you have regarding coverages. At Surex, our goal is to earn your business by helping you find the exact commercial insurance policy you need, at a cheap price.

Compare Real Quotes


Talk to Real People

Insurance Broker
Licensed Insurance Advisor
Have Questions? We Have Answers!

Typically, no. If you have a home-based business, and have office equipment and inventory in the place you rent, it’s best to speak with your Surex Personal Assistant about adding a small business plan to accompany your existing tenant insurance policy.  

A home-based business insurance policy can cover office equipment and inventory, as well as give you liability coverage for employees, clients and delivery personnel.

Yes! Regardless of the type of home-based business you have, you should speak with a Surex Personal Assistant to confirm you have the degree of coverage needed to run your business.

The best way to find a perfect business insurance policy to match your needs is by working with a Surex Personal Assistant. Your Personal Assistant will ask questions pertaining to your business, as well as answer any questions you have. From there, they’ll reach out to our partner insurers and go to bat to get you the policy you need, at a cheap price.

Surex News and Blog
working from home
3 min
Working from home may be a norm for some, and totally new to others. To adapt to a new style of working, some helpful tips and tricks can help make the experience seamless and effective. Here are some
car keys in front of white car
3 min
If you decide to finance the purchase of your car or decide to lease it, you will be required to obtain auto insurance to protect your vehicle. Auto insurance considers a number of factors to
voice search
3 min
What is voice search? Voice search allows users to perform activities on their cellular devices or connected home assistants, simply by speaking commands. Why use voice search? According to Tech