Save up to 25% on car insurance in Oakville by teaming up with Surex
Oakville is a busy city full of busy streets and speedy highways. Although the city has a number of public transportation options, having a car is a much more efficient way of getting around. But, before you start driving around this beautiful city, you need to have car insurance in Oakville.
Are you looking for car insurance in Oakville? Then you’ve come to the right place! At Surex, we make finding competitive, affordable car insurance a simple and frictionless task. Within ten short minutes, your personal Surex insurance advisor can provide you with several car insurance quotes from the most respected provider in Oakville. Contact us today to learn how our advisors can help you save up to 25% on coverage.
This allows one 'free' at-fault accident, meaning your rates will not increase on your first accident if you remain with the same company.
You can have your car insurance coverage extend to protect you while driving a rental vehicle up to a certain limit.
Provides coverage to repair/replace your car if it's damaged in an at-fault accident, hit and run or with an uninsured driver.
Subject to a deductible typically covers fire, hail, theft, collision with an animal, vandalism and falling objects among others.
In the event of a "Total Loss" this coverage will protect you from depreciation. You’ll be entitled to the original price you paid/current sale price
Protects you or a family member if injured or killed in an accident caused by an uninsured/under-insured motorist.
When deemed legally responsible, provides coverage for injuries or damage caused by you to third parties and their property.
Windows are included in comprehensive, however, you have the option to remove this coverage in order to lower your premium. *AB it is not included
Car Insurance in Oakville - What You Need to Know
The average cost of car insurance in Oakville is roughly $1,400 per year or just over $115 per month. Drivers should shop around online to get the best car insurance rate possible in Oakville. Getting a free car insurance quote at an online insurance brokerage like Surex will allow you to speak to a dedicated insurance advisor to see which discounts you qualify for.
- Know your highways: Oakville has quick access to many major highway routes, including the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW), Highway 403, Highway 407, and the nearby Highway 401. Before using one of these busy throughways, make sure you plan your route in advance and are prepared to handle highway speeds, congestion, semi-truck traffic, and driving conditions that can make navigating the major routes very difficult.
- Take the leisurely way: If you’re not in a hurry, leave yourself a little extra time and drive along the scenic Lakeshore Road. Passing south of Highway 403 — and hugging the shore of Lake Ontario — Lakeshore Road is home to a multitude of sprawling estates, popular trails, and lively parks and green spaces.
- Consider parking: Heading to picturesque downtown Oakville is a great way to spend a summer day. The waterfront, shops, parks, and boulevards are world-class, just make sure you leave extra time to find parking. Downtown Oakville is a very popular destination for regional tourists and getting a parking spot for the day can be difficult.
- Festival season: Oakville plays host to a popular music festival, the Oakville Jazz Festival. If you’re planning to take in some of the festivities, be extra careful when navigating the downtown areas — the intersections are crowded, kids and cyclists are everywhere, and some streets may be temporarily closed to allow for foot traffic.
- Combining your policies: If you own a vehicle and a home — or even if you rent your residence — you should consider bundling your insurance policies with the same company. Combining your policies can result in significant savings to your annual premiums, often up to 15% for your car insurance and up to 10% for your property (home/tenant/condo) insurance. Ask your Dedicated Insurance Assistant what price breaks you should expect to see by bundling.
- Review your policy annually: Car insurance rates in Oakville are never static, nor is your driving situation. Because many of the variables that affect premiums can and do change, it’s imperative that Oakville and Burlington drivers get an updated auto insurance quote once per year, prior to their current policy renewal date. Rate comparison sites like Surex allow drivers to quickly compare coverages and prices from many of Canada’s leading insurance companies — an easy practice that could lead to a significantly lower premium.
- Ask about discounts: Most drivers are aware of bundling and winter tire discounts, but did you know there are many more ways to save on your premium? Before closing your policy, ask your Dedicated Insurance Assistant about what discounts you qualify for. Here are a few discounts to keep in mind: Early Renewal, Electric Vehicle, Private Parking, Anti-Theft & Safety Technology, Retiree Discounts, Loyalty Discounts, Driver’s Education, CAA Membership, Occupational Discounts, Good Student, Telematics, and Claims-Free Driving.
- Consider make and model: Different vehicle types attract different kinds of drivers. Because of this, insurance companies in Oakville may view some new vehicles as more ‘high-risk’ than others, based on who is likely to purchase and drive the vehicle. So before selecting your next car, do your homework. Is a sports car going to be more expensive to insure than a safety-first sedan? It probably is, but the only way to find out is to get free car insurance quotes using the different makes and models.
At Surex, our three-step process will ensure that you end up with the best car insurance in Oakville. Here’s how it works:
- Personalized insurance quotes: Surex will capture some of your basic information — either by phone or online — and then shop the market for you. In under 10 minutes, you’ll have up to 10 personalized insurance offers to choose from.
- Customize your offers: Once you receive the initial quote, you can edit your information and compare quotes to find the best overall value.
- Purchase and manage 24/7: Once you’ve selected a quote & reviewed the policy with your dedicated assistant, you can electronically sign documents to receive instant proof of insurance. If you’d rather speak with someone we will connect you with a Dedicated Insurance Assistant to walk you through all the options and answer any questions you might have. Once finished, your documents will arrive in the mail and you can manage your policy 24/7 with our ‘My Surex’ login feature.
- Lion’s Valley
- Gairloch Gardens
- Coronation Park
- Hexagon Restaurant
- Pasquale’s Trattoria
- Noble Bistro
- Sienna Boutique
- Luci Boutique
Do you have questions about car insurance in Oakville?
Car insurance in Oakville can be a very expensive undertaking, which is why it’s so important for drivers to compare options online and find a policy that meets their needs and fits their budget. In addition to shopping around for the lowest rates, drivers can lower their rate by installing winter tires during the cold months, increasing their deductible, keeping an accident-free driving record, avoiding making minor claims, keeping their car in secure parking (if possible), bundling their policies with the same provider, and asking their Dedicated Insurance Assistant if they qualify for discounts.
All car insurance companies in Oakville offer a variety of coverages and a range of rates. Car insurance companies also offer drivers different discounts. Because of these reasons, it’s difficult to identify which car insurance is the best. Different drivers require different coverages, and will end up paying different amounts for their policies, based on a range of personal factors. So instead of getting too attached to a single car insurance company or coverage type, it’s important that drivers educate themselves by shopping around and speaking with a Dedicated Insurance Assistant about their unique insurance needs.
Insurance companies in Oakville (and the rest of Ontario) are not allowed to access the credit history of their customers, nor are they allowed to set their rates based on income. So technically, employment status does not affect car insurance premiums; all that matters to insurance companies is that policyholders pay their premiums on time. However, if you are unemployed, your Dedicated Insurance Assistant may be able to assist you in lowering your premium by offering you some cost-saving tips, such as putting fewer kilometres on your car, installing winter tires, or bundling your different insurance policies.
Drivers are required by the provincial law to have the following basic car insurance in Oakville:
Third Party Liability Coverage: covers drivers for damages they cause to third parties.
Statutory Accident Benefits Coverage: covers drivers for uncovered healthcare costs, income replacement, etc., in the wake of a no-fault vehicle accident.
Uninsured Automobile Coverage: protects drivers if they’re involved in an accident with an uninsured or unidentified third party.
Direct Compensation & Property Damage Coverage: covers the costs of the policyholder’s vehicle and its contents if damaged by another driver.
Beyond these mandatory auto insurance coverages, drivers can opt to include a range of additional coverages to their policy — such as Comprehensive and Collision — that will protect them against a range of non-accident related damages.
Generally speaking, if your vehicle is damaged by road debris, it’s going to be covered under either Collision (if it’s debris that was on the road, thus technically you could have avoided) or Comprehensive (if it’s debris that was flying, and thus was unavoidable). If the claim is made with Collision, there’s a good chance that your rate will increase, as it will be considered an at-fault claim. On the other hand, if the claim is made with Comprehensive, it should not affect your rates, as the incident will be considered unavoidable. In either case, be prepared to pay the deductible before collecting the payout.