9 Tips To Work From Home Better
Working from home may be a norm for some, and totally new to others. To adapt to a new style of working, some helpful tips and tricks can help make the experience seamless and effective.
Here are some tips and tricks to make your WFH experience easier to digest and more enjoyable.
1. Focus on you: Select your “must-haves” and make sure you incorporate them in your day. Incorporate “me elements” into your day that are easier to do in the comfort of your own space, like healthier eating, stretching, working out.
2. Set Daily Expectations: Implement your expectations of yourself early on and NEVER stray. For example, if you’re in sales, understand that it’s largely about economies of scale, you will only ever get out what you put in.
3, Stick to a Schedule - Adhere to a schedule/routine and don’t stray. Keep strict, structured business hours to make business continuity possible and to collaborate with your team.
4. Set up Effective Communication: Make sure that your companions understand your routine, your support system may request more of you, but this will come at a cost. Having a system in place like a Google Hangout or Slack Channel is great to keep up staff communication.
5. Hold in-person 1:1's with your team: Use this occasion to converse with colleagues and to ask any questions about tasks at hand. Write down ideas before your meetings and brainstorm during meetings to continue to generate ideas.
6. Environment makes all the difference: Find a preferred spot to work - this will allow you to fully take advantage of the sunshine, outlets, lighting etc. Have a space you can keep files and close it off when you are not working. Maintaining Home and Office as separate spaces is important so you aren’t working 24/7
7. Keep your workspace tidy: Messy workspaces can be taxing on the brain which lowers your sense of creativity and productivity.
8. Diversify your workspace: - Change the atmosphere of where you work to improve your creativity. Try working from a different seat, take your coffee/bio brakes, walk your dog, stretch. Maybe try multi-tasking with walking meetings, and get mobile.
9 Remove distractions so you can optimize your focus: Work in places that are distraction-free. If it helps to focus, play music/podcasts on low volume in the background so you don’t feel isolated.